OJPAC’s mission is to counter the defamation and generalization of the Orthodox Jewish community.
Below are some of the steps that OJPAC utilizes to achieve its mission:
- Provide accurate information to the general public and Media about the Orthodox Jewish Community
- Work with Journalists and Editors on stories regarding the Orthodox Jewish Community
- Provide useful information to members of the Orthodox Jewish Community on key and contentious issues; thus steering the public debate in a productive direction
- Research statistics and data about the Orthodox Jewish community and publicize it
- Hold Sensitivity Seminars for and in the Orthodox Jewish Community to broaden their knowledge and understanding of other Communities
- Hold Sensitivity Seminars for reporters, journalists and news producers to broaden their knowledge and understanding of the Orthodox Jewish Community
- Organize civil yet effective community action for fair reporting
- OJPAC is not a replacement for responsible PR strategies that Orthodox Jewish institutions are obligated to provide and fund for their respective missions
OJPAC is a not-for-profit organization recognized as tax-exempt under Internal Revenue Service Code section 501(c)(3).